Please note, the schedule and nature of Ignited Fellowships are subject to change due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 outbreak and response in the Bay Area.
The Ignited Summer Fellowship application process consists of three main phases:
You will complete an application to the following standards.
You will express interest in the fellowship projects that interest you.
Host organizations will select teachers to interview for projects and fill fellowship positions.
Please refer to our Glossary as needed.
Critical information about the application process and the three main phases:
- Complete application (December-March) *Applications are accepted until all positions are filled.
- Create a login/account and complete the eligibility questions to be directed to the application.
- Highlight current/past employment, skills, enthusiasm, and experience that sets you apart!
- Remember: Your application is the official resume for the rest of the application process.
- Applicants are emailed within 10 business days regarding required edits and suggested edits.
- Note: Administrators must respond to a principal/administrator email verifying contract status before application approval. The email is automatically sent to your administrator upon submission of your application.
- Express Interest in Fellowship projects (March-May) *Fellowship placement is not guaranteed.
- In March, Fellowship projects are posted online for approved applicants to express interest.
- Review 2020 projects and carefully consider the subject, grade level, and skill requirements.
- Submit well-written interest statements in projects as they keep being posted until May.
- Interest statements and resumes (created directly from your application) are sent to Project Mentors in batches (based on Ignited's discretion, whether you express interest or not).
- Note: Applicants who express interest on a regular basis secure Fellowships at higher rates.
- Click here for tips on submitting stellar interest statements.
- Interview for Fellowship opportunities (April-June) *Fellows may not contact Hosts first.
- Project Mentors from Ignited Host organizations review the Ignited resumes and select which applicants to interview.
- Note: Applicants must follow certain guidelines for interactions with Hosts and Project Mentors.
- If you are contacted by Ignited for an interview opportunity, respond ASAP with your interest, interview availability, and summer availability for the fellowship. Timing plays a critical role in the matching process.
- In the rare case you are contacted directly by a Project Mentor, please copy Lena (email@example.com) on your reply so we know you are being considered for a position and fulfill the necessary steps on our end.
- Interviews may be conducted in-person, by telephone or via Skype (the Project Mentor’s preference).
- Click here for interview tips.